People get cupping for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage. The other great thing is that it actually alleviates inflammation in the body, as well as helps build immunity. I love to use this when someone feels like they are fighting something. It is also great if you are not getting over a cold and coughing a lot.
So let me know if you want to add cupping to your session. It takes a little more time so we can schedule accordingly. For the next 2 months cupping is $25 extra to your session(usually $50)
I think this is my favorite topic every year, but bone broths or veggie broths with the Chinese herbal soup mix is a great immune booster. The herbal soup mix has :
Remind me at your session and I will tell you what soup would be good for you and your constitution. Here are some great broths to use with the soup:
- 2 pounds (or more) of bones from a healthy source (Leftovers from roasting a chicken, beef, or duck.)
- 2 chicken feet for extra gelatin (optional)
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- bottom of the celery and small inside pieces with leaves
- 2 potatoes with skins on
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Chinese Herbs(I carry a package that is already to use with immune boosting herbs)
- Enough water to cover all of this
- Optional: 1 bunch of parsley, 1 tablespoon or more of sea salt, 1 teaspoon peppercorns, bay leaves, and additional herbs or spices to taste. I also add 2 cloves of garlic or a full head for the last 30 minutes of cooking. The more garlic you use to more antiviral effects!
Cook for several hours till all the meat has fallen off the bones. Strain the bones, and add back in the Chinese herbs. They are all edible except the woody Astragualus . Now add the rest of the veggies, and herbs. NOW EAT!
- 5 Whole Potatoes with skins or just the Potato Skins
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 4 Carrots